We are so blessed to have resumed our monthly luncheons — 1st Sunday of every month. You are invited to worship and then to feast! Here are some recipes that are being shared and below are some photos of all the fun!
August Recipe — Momma Rose’s Meat Loaf!
- 1 lb ground beef (raw)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sleeve of crackers
- 1 bell pepper (small)
- 1 onion (small)
- Seasonings (to taste — salt, pepper, etc.)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (couple of shakes or less; again to taste)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- Couple of squirts of mustard (around 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
Mix together the meat, eggs, crackers, chopped bell pepper, and chopped onions in one bowl. Season. In another bowl, mix the liquids (Worcestershire and tomato sauces, 2 tbl. mustard) and the brown sugar. Add enough from the liquid bowl to “form” the loaf. Place in a greased pan. Add the rest of the “liquids” (gravy) over the top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Note: I usually make double the recipe.
Luncheon recipe: Italian Beef Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (8 oz. ) can drained mushrooms
- 2 pkgs. small frozen chopped spinach lightly cooked & drained
- 1 can sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup (don’t dilute)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 5 tsp. minced onion
- 1 (6-oz) pkg. mozzarella cheese, sliced
Brown meat and add mushrooms. Spoon into 2 qt. casserole dish. Stir in spinach, soup, sour ceam, garlic salt, pepper, and onions. Cut chese into strings and place on top of casserole. Do not cover. Back in a preheated oven at 350 degreese for 35-45 minutes. May be doubled using a 9″ X 13″ baking dish.
Note: variations work well; I used fresh sliced mushrooms and onions and sauteed them while browning the ground beef. I also used a Greek seasoning to flavor it up.